BOTZ earthenware glazes are available ready to use in 200ml jars. Stir the glaze thoroughly and apply 2-3 coats. The glaze soon dries allowing the pots to be lifted into the kiln. For best results allow the glaze to dry for a day before firing.
Results will vary depending on thickness of glaze, clay applied, shape of vessel and final firing temperature.
The ideal firing temperature is around 1040°C with a 30 minute soak.
Glaze finish: Glossy
- Reddish-brown glaze with glitter effects
- Very interesting on dark clay
- Apply 2-3 times, but caution: Runs strongly
- Has a tendency to crackle
- Shows lively effects when applied unequally