Mudcrack glazes have a soft matte finish that will pull apart during the firing to reveal the underlying clay body. We have a white and a black Mudcrack available. As with all of our Stoneware Glazes, our texture glazes work well on a variety of clay bodies and have a firing range from cone 5 to cone 10.
- – Shake vigorously upon opening. Continue to shake and stir to increase fluidity to the consistency of cream.
- – For shown chip results, apply directly to bisqueware.
- – Apply 2-3 coats. Allow glaze to semi-dry between coats.
- – The thicker the application, the more textured the surface will be.
- – If the glaze does not crack on the piece before firing, it will not crack after firing.
- – Due to the surface texture, we recommend that these glazes only be used on decorative surfaces.
- – Mudcrack can be applied over Stoneware Gloss glazes for a slightly flatter texture.
- – Mudcrack can be used in combination with other Stoneware glazes to achieve different textures and effects. We recommend testing prior to use.
Mayco’s Stoneware glazes are formulated to be friendly to the user in application and firing.
- – Non-toxic
- – Designed to fire to cone 6 (approx. 1230C)
- – Successfully used at cone 10, oxidation or reduction
- – Glazes will move to create interest and visual appeal without running off your ware and ruining your kiln shelves
- – They work well with each and other Mayco glazes, providing endless opportunities to combine and layer to create intriguing visual effects