Seal the deal! Let your creativity shine at its best and brightest with Duncan Spray Sealers – the finishing touch to your ceramic work of art. Ceramic Spray Sealers are final spray coatings that produce smooth, hard surfaces and are used to brighten colours and protect the finishes of objects decorated with non-fired colour products.
Super Gloss produces a gleaming, smooth and extremely protective final finish. This sealer provides the glossiest possible spray finish over both water-based and oil-based non-fired colours.
Clear Gloss and Clear Matte can be used under, over and between coatings of Duncan non-fired colours. To maintain a bright acrylic base coat, spray on a coat before antiquing.
Porcelain Spray produces the look and feel of fine porcelain bisque when applied over a fired glaze or Prep-Coat. It works especially well as a final finish over dry-brushed items and can be used under, over and between non-fired colours.
Super Matte produces a smooth, even, flat-matte finish on non-fired acrylic and translucent colours, and works particularly well on realistic-looking animal figurines. It slightly softens underlying colours and provides a shine-free protective surface.
How to use Spray Sealers:
1. Shake can well before each use.
2. Holding can upright, 8-12 inches from surface, spray with slow, even motion.
3. Surface should have overall wet look, but don’t spray too heavily to avoid sags and drips.
4. Wipe valve clean.
Tips & Techniques:
1. After spraying, turn can upside down and spray until only cleargas appears.
2. If spray stops or is irregular, twist off spray head and clean.
3. Test spray on cardboard first to prevent sputtering.