BOTZ earthenware glazes are available ready to use in 200ml jars. Stir the glaze thoroughly and apply 2-3 coats. The glaze soon dries allowing the pots to be lifted into the kiln. For best results allow the glaze to dry for a day before firing.
Results will vary depending on thickness of glaze, clay applied, shape of vessel and final firing temperature.
The ideal firing temperature is around 1020°C with a 20 minute soak.
Glaze finish: Glossy
- Orange-red in vivid orange peel surface
- Tends to white edges
- Rich red in vivid orange peel surface
- Tends to develop white edges
- Apply as a thick coat
- Do not set too closely
- Bright when Raku-fired
- Stunning effects with uneven overcoating with 9606
- Works well in combination with “siblings” 9596, 9597 and 9606
- Fire with oxygen supply and set loosely in the kiln