BOTZ earthenware glazes are available ready to use in 200ml jars. Stir the glaze thoroughly and apply 2-3 coats. The glaze soon dries allowing the pots to be lifted into the kiln. For best results allow the glaze to dry for a day before firing.
Results will vary depending on thickness of glaze, clay applied, shape of vessel and final firing temperature.
The ideal firing temperature is around 1020°C with a 20 minute soak.
Glaze finish: Satin-glossy
- Very uncomplicated precious metallic glaze
- Can be fired up to 1100°C and higher
- Silvery golden colour at 1020°C
- Silvery red colour at 1050°C
- Rather silk-matt and redder at 1100°C
- Shows an anthracite matt colour play when experimenting at 1260°C