BOTZ earthenware glazes are available ready to use in 200ml jars. Stir the glaze thoroughly and apply 2-3 coats. The glaze soon dries allowing the pots to be lifted into the kiln. For best results allow the glaze to dry for a day before firing.
Results will vary depending on thickness of glaze, clay applied, shape of vessel and final firing temperature.
The ideal firing temperature is around 1020°C with a 20 minute soak.
Glaze finish: Glossy
- White glaze with a lot of large coloured flow specks in red, yellow, green and blue
- With a thin coat coloured dots scattered in white background
- With a thick coat a complete varied play of colours
- Good results also on coloured clay
- Very good melting property
- If possible, do not place large specks in the lower part of vessels and objects
- Will produce beautiful effects if irregularly applied in places over single-coloured glossy glazes